I recently came across this recipe on the Weber Canada blog and wanted to share it with you. While we usually tend to bake potatoes or grill them in foil – it’s always nice to learn new ways to cook crowd favourites.
Below is the recipe by Mike Lang. I tried it just last week and it was great.
3 medium sized sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
¼ cup molasses
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 ounce bourbon
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
½ teaspoon ground allspice
½ cup mini-marshmallows
- Soak the cedar plank in water for an hour.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a medium-sized saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until fork tender, approximately 15 minutes.
- Drain the water and return the sweet potatoes to the warm pot. Add the molasses, butter, brown sugar, bourbon, kosher salt, black pepper, and allspice. Mash until combined.
- Prepare the grill for a two-zone medium heat fire (350° to 450°F).
- Grill the empty plank over direct medium heat until the plank begins to smolder. Add the mashed sweet potatoes to the grilled side of the plank.
- Grill the loaded plank over direct medium heat for 10 minutes, with the lid closed. Add the marshmallows to the sweet potatoes and continue to grill over indirect medium heat until the marshmallows darken and the sweet potato is heated through.
It’s a great way to with up your usual sweet potatoes dish for the upcoming Holiday season.
Let me know if you give it a try. Read the full original article here.